fun with quotes.

It's Friday night. I'm married with children... so what I should reeeally be doing right now is cleaning up the mess from dinner, or the mess from that last 10 minutes of "play" before bedtime... which usually produces more mess than an entire day's worth of play altogether, or I could be spending some quality time with the hubs... but after a long week, he has passed out with the kids. Literally. He is probably sleeping next to Teo, the two of them snuggled up together in Teo's twin bed. It is a precious sight. But, it means that I am left with some time to myself...to be productive... or not. Right now, I choose "not". It's been a productive-enough day for me thus far. So, I decided to waste some time on the internet looking up quotes. Hahaha - obviously, I am super cool and equally exciting. I'm sure you would agree. :P

So here are my faves for the night... Maybe you'll like a few, too. Or maybe your suspicions about my weirdness will just finally be confirmed. Either way, enjoy!

"Shared joy is a doubled joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow" - Swedish Proverb



"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo


"A friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares." - Henri Nouwen


"This year, or this month, or more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behavior we expect from other people." - C.S. Lewis


"If we knew each other's secrets, what comfort we would find." - John Churton Collins


"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it." - Swedish Proverb


"Live simply so others may simply live." - Mother Teresa


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou


"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose." - Tom Krause


"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." "Pain removes the veil ; it plants the flag of truth within the fortress of a rebel soul." - C.S. Lewis


"God gave us memories that we might have roses in December." - J.M. Barrie


"Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson


"Seize from every moment its unique novelty, and do not prepare your joys." - Andre Gide


"Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?" - Dennis and Wendy Mannering


"To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring." - George Santayana


"I don't like that man. I must get to know him better." - Abraham Lincoln


"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." - Mother Teresa


"I don't think of all the misery but of all the beauty that still remains." Anne Frank


"Let me enjoy the earth no less
Because the all-enacting Might
Which fashioned forth its loveliness
Had other aims than my delight." - Thomas Hardy


"The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal." - Martin Luther King Jr.


"Love to be real, it must cost - it must hurt - it must empty us of self." - Mother Teresa


"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish." - Mother Teresa


"Each of them is Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment