"honey-do".

I know I'm not the only one with a "honey-do list". Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), for Felipe, I like to stay busy. I like having "projects", and things like 'painting the kids' room' sounds like the perfect way to spend my day off. :) Unfortunately, for everyone, I am a terrible painter. The proof is all over my toddler's carpet and ceiling. Hence, I am not aloud to paint anymore. BUT, Felipe, although he is great at it, would rather do ANYTHING than 'work'/paint on his day off! So I've been waiting nearly a year for the kids' room (which used to be just Teo's room) to be painted (from the, apparent, boy-blue) to something more gender neutral, like green or yellow. I try REALLY hard not to bug or nag my husband, who works hard, and in his "free time" is a stay-at-home-dad. And I really can't remember the last time that I've actually said anything out-loud about how MUCH I want to get that room painted! But, I can't hold it in any longer! I think I foresee a painting weekend in our near future :)


Onto a more productive topic... I'm super excited about the kids' birthday! We're going to celebrate my precious babies on July 31st this year, pool-side. I went back and forth, and forth and back over who to invite. For Teo's first birthday, we did family and friends and it was a ball! For his second birthday, we just did family, which was also a ball :) And, although both were equally fun, we decided this year, to just do a family party again. We are very blessed to have a good bit of family near-by. And feeding nearly 30 people lunch and cake is going to be a fun and welcomed challenge, but enough! My good friend, Michelle, is a fabulous cake maker, and she's going to make Teo's Spiderman cake, as well as a pink Flower cake for Eva. And after everyone is fat on lunch and cake, we'll have fun swimming and playing in the pool (one of Teo and Eva's most favorite things to do)! I'm planning on making home-made cookies in the shapes of 1's and 3's for the party favors. :) I'm sure no-one gets more excited about a kid's party than the mom who's actually planning it. And, right now, the thought of cookies in the shapes of 1's and 3's make me absolutely giddy. I'm sure you can relate... right? ;~)


Teo is becoming quite the little man. He talks so much and says the silliest things. Felipe and I are constantly laughing about something he has said or done, or something new he's learned (from where, we don't know). And miss Eva-diva is getting too big for her britches (as they say in the south). She can stand up by herself and take one step before falling back on her bottom. She eats big-people food, and has been drinking from a bottle for about 2 months now. After she turns 1, we'll start giving her real milk - a sure sign of up-coming toddler-ville. Teo is registered for PRESCHOOL starting in August. THIS was a tough one for me. In my 'fantasy world', I am a stay-at-home, home-schooling, garden-growing, chicken-farming mom. So, enrolling Teo in preschool just solidifies the fact that I'm not home-schooling him - for now, at least. BUT, even though my real life is a far cry from the fantasy world I just described, I love it! I am so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful family, loving and amazing husband, a roof over our heads, food for our mouths, and GOD to quench our thirsty souls. Maybe one day I'll get to home-school my babies... Felipe isn't sure I could handle it though... which makes me want to do it even more! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Monica I love reading your updates! Sounds like you put a lot of thought into their party and have made the right decision:) Can't wait to see you all Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa haa ha! Our ideal/fantasy life looks very similar :) I love you Monica! Your passion for life and people is contagious!! You're a wonderful mommy! keep it up sister! Your life is beautiful and telling of who you serve! God bless!

    ReplyDelete